[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Trash

Lisa Allen lisaallen913 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 17:14:32 UTC 2007

Audrey,

  There are residents & societies that are actively involved in the community and what they do is truly wonderful!  I should've put that caveat in my post.

  Kudos to you and everyone already on board!

  Lisa

ABragg7393 at aol.com wrote:

Hi Lisa and neighbors,
  Sometimes we don't hear about the people who are actively involved in the community because they don't make a lot of noise.  Many are doing things to make the town better.  I know that Del Fanning picks up trash every day when he walks his dog.  I know that Simon and I pick up trash all the time we are out walking around.  I know that the Anacotia Watershed Society (by the way they could use some donations this season) have a clean up day and also participate in Gorgeous Prince Georges Day.  I know that I, myself, the Mayor and even the Mayor's mother when she was visiting picked up lots of trash along the river in the poring rain when the AWS had a clean up.  I know that many people in town do their part without any fanfare.  Yes, there might be complaining on the list, but there are also many good people who do lots of work behind the scenes.  This is the season to recognize them even if we do not know who they are.  Thanks to all you unknowns!  This is also a good time
 to watch the movie "Its a Wonderful Life"  It's my model for a small town. Audrey