[RP TownTalk] Holiday Market

Alice Ewen Walker alice at ewenwalker.com
Mon Dec 10 01:52:26 UTC 2007

I agree completely - three cheers for everyone! This event represents
the best of our community. We _are_ on our way and it _is_ already
great to live here.

So many neighbors contributed in all kinds of ways - singing, baking,
selling items at the market, coordinating trolleys, doing publicity,
taking photographs, building a website, dressing as Santa, a reindeer,
or elf, organizing the sound system, displaying model trains,
decorating their homes in time for the festivities, lending their
retail space for vendors to use, donating food for the needy, and
more.

Thanks so much to Jim, Lou, Andie, Anissa, Dave, Vernon, Drena, Tina,
Michelle, Dwight, Emily, Ed, Lance, Simon, Rob, Steve, Mike, Kate,
Pete, Susan, Lucy, Marianna, Regina, Lisa, Paul, Roland, Marita,
Grace, Noah, Krista, Alan, Debbie, Donald, Keelah, Chris ... look -
there's 35 people off the top of my head, and I'm sure that I am
missing many more. Our town staff, the Riversdale House Museum and the
Riverdale Park Business Association all pitched in to make this a
success. And we had over 600 shoppers plus our vendors and musicians.
Amazing! And all here in RP.

Thanks to everyone for making this such a special holiday weekend for our town.

-Alice