[RP TownTalk] Traffic Concerns

Andrew Farrington somefool at dvnt.com
Thu Feb 1 15:26:23 UTC 2007

Dead-ending Lafeyette at Queensbury would be significantly less hassle
than closing East Beale Circle would be, and I think would do much more
for congestion as well.  In my experience, commuters cutting through town
are not doing so in order to access East Beale Circle - I think it is used
fundamentally by townies, and I tink closing it would be a crying shame
for nearly everyone in town except, admittedly, people living in the five
houses along it.  Although, if I lived in one of those houses, I believe I
would not want my easy access to 410 removed, either.

There was talk last year of closing Queensbury entirely to non-local
traffic.  This seems like it /might/ be a less economically-suicidal
notion with a lot of new residential development coming in, though I'm
still not sure it's the right answer.  Brainstorming is definitely a good
thing, though.

  -A