[RP TownTalk] Traffic Concerns

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:08:08 UTC 2007

OK, this reminds me of a question I've got, which I'll raise here, since
it's pertinent.  "We have heard" that the terms under which the Calverts
deeded right-of-way to the B&O railroad stipulated that passenger service
must be provided for Riverdale in perpetuity, or else the title reverts back
(to whom??) and the railroad would lose the property.  Is this just a
wonderful 'town legend'? or is it in fact true?

BTW, I would take issue with the attribution of "useless" to the railroad
station.  It's not only attractive, but serves to keep those of us who ride
the MARC nice and toasty on the cold days (except for the 9:04 train -- the
automatic lock on the door is set a bit too early, shutting 9:04 passengers
out in the cold).  "Underutilized," yes. "Useless,"  no!!