[RP TownTalk] Petes' buildings, trains, etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 14:11:53 UTC 2007

I agree with you that if we're going to have new
buildings, etc., in town, it should be something that
SAYS "Riverdale."  Make it something that people want
to come here for, not something you can find
everywhere else.  The idea of building fronts from
years past is fantastic!  One reason I moved here was
the unique mix of building styles in town.  Of course,
the first thing that would be mentioned would be
cost...   And as I come from a long line of
railroaders, I'd personally LOVE to see our town
capitalize on the fact that the trains are an integral
part of our lives - we even have one on the town seal!
- rather than try to hide them, shut them up, etc.  At
least one business, be it a restaurant, gift shop,
etc., with a railroad theme, even a "train watching
area" at the railroad station, would be fantastic.
After all, we get lots of regular train buffs at the
station, and in the summer you always see parents and
grandparents sitting there with the kids watching
trains.   Failing this, maybe at least have a booth or
activity tent at Riverdale Day which deals with the
trains?  Maybe have some of the train buffs set up
displays, have pamphlets on safety around train
tracks, etc?  (again, I realize all of these things
cost money, but still, I can dream, hm?)