[RP TownTalk] Town Clock & timing of the Train Station locking in the morning

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:29:27 UTC 2007

It's wonderful to have the town clock working, and chiming to boot.
(Will take some getting used to, admittedly! ;-)

The riders of the 9:04 am MARC train would really appreciate it
(especially on these cold mornings) if the timing of the automatic
locking of the doors of the train station could be moved back a bit.
I'm guessing it's set to lock at 9 maybe?  Not exactly sure, but in
any case, on some days we get there to wait for the train (which
usually arrives around 9:08 or so in my observation) and the doors are
locked. If someone's gotten there early enough, they can open the
doors for the rest of us. But i've been there when no one was inside
and the doors were locked...

==>What I don't know is who actually controls this mechanism? The
town? or MARC? CSX?<==

(I only ride that train occasionally, usually taking an earlier one.
But i don't think any of the 9:04 regulars are on this email list, so
I volunteered to raise my hand)

Thanks.