[RP TownTalk] March 3 Riverdale Park Farmers Market Organizing Meeting

Alice Ewen Walker alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:54:49 UTC 2007

Riverdale Park Farmers Market Friends:

Calling all volunteers! The Riverdale Park Farmers Market is
organizing for its best season yet and we need your help.  With our
10th anniversary just around the corner, we want to get as many people
involved in the market as possible!

If you would like to shape the future direction of your farmers
market, please come to the annual organizing meeting on Saturday March
3, 2007, in Riverdale Park town hall, 5008 Queensbury Road, from 10am
to noon. (Nearest major intersection Taylor Rd / E-W Highway)

During the meeting, we will discuss what kinds of activities you want
to attend at the market this year, the opening and closing dates of
the market, possible new vendors, and other subjects. Other possible
ideas include: Environmental education, herbal recipes and talk, guest
local business, master gardening, tenth anniversary celebration,
barbecue battle, etc. We are also open to your ideas over and above
the usual live music performances.

If you can't make the meeting, but would like to volunteer, please
e-mail us. There's a task for every talent. We rely on volunteers and
residents to help promote the market!

Volunteer jobs include:
- scheduling music and entertainment
- placing publicity posters in local businesses
- writing articles for local newsletters and publications
- marketing through UMD, FDA, APHIS and other big employers in the nearby area.
- compiling our 10th Anniversary Cookbook
- outreach to Spanish speaking community
- recruiting specialty vendors to complement the market
- creating a marketing plan to enhance customer traffic
- conducting a market survey to identify customer needs, demographics,
opportunities
- hosting activities for kids to teach children about farming and food
- and more.

Thanks,

Riverdale Park Farmers Market
Organizing Committee