[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Community Garden Meeting

Vinnie Bevivino bevivino at umd.edu
Wed Feb 28 19:08:01 UTC 2007

Dear all:

We are writing just to let you know of two Riverdale Master Peace
Community Garden meetings that are coming up.  The first is this
Saturday the 3rd after the annual Riverdale's Farmer's Market meeting
at 12:30 at the Riverdale Town Hall, and the second is the following
Saturday the 10th at 10AM at the Center for Educational Partnership,
next to William Wirt Middle School on Sheridan Avenue.

In case you don't know, the University of Maryland Cooperative
Extension, in collaboration with the Maryland Multicultural Youth
Center, is building a youth and community garden at the Center for
Educational Partnership, 6200 Sheridan Avenue, Riverdale, MD.  We are
going to breaking ground on the garden the week of March 19th, and
host the grand opening after that with a seed swap and transplant
give-a-way.

We also wanted to let everyone know about our website, http://
groups.google.com/group/riverdale-community-garden?hl=en , where you
can download a flyer for the upcoming meetings, learn more about the
garden project, and post questions, comments, or any insight you may
have about the community garden.  Please join our listserv, and we'll
keep you updated on upcoming meetings and garden events.

Enjoy the warmth,

Vinnie and the rest of the garden crew