[RP TownTalk] Condos, traffic, etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 17:26:21 UTC 2007

I wasn't meaning to pick on the Dumms' development, or
any other development in the area (River Road, etc);
but all too often on the news we see stories about
areas which have been developed and then after the
fact there's worries about traffic, schools, etc.  I
agree with other posters, these issues need to be
addressed NOW, before new condos, businesses, etc.,
are in place.  And it's not only Lafayette/Queensbury,
as has been noted, it's also Lafayette all the way
down to Erco - maybe that roadway has been a town
secret, but it's becoming more and more of an open
secret, and not just for people who live in town.
Traffic going by on Lafayette can be quite heavy at
rush hour; especially if cars are stopped for any time
by a train coming through. Add to that the "overflow"
traffic from people who are trying to avoid congestion
on East West Highway (from Kenilworth Avenue to Route
1), and the area is not only a mess, but dangerous.  I
can't think of any solutions right off the top of my
head, but it does need to be addressed.