[RP TownTalk] homeless population & Cafritz propert

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 20:33:48 UTC 2007

My partner and I, being in the real estate business are always aware and
concerned for the homeless.  Some people are homeless due to horrible
circumstances in their lives and others are homeless because they choose to be.  I don't
know who lives on the Cafritz property but it may people who don't want to live
in a shelter or have jobs or help etc.  We had one homeless woman who refused
to live in any shelters or group homes simply because she didn't want to
follow the rules.  We would find her a great place to live and she would leave
after a short time.  So, it depends on the people and what they want.  There is
also an area near the cafritz prooperty but may belong to the metro/csx
people,.  at the end of Tuckerman going west over the railroad and then across the
parking lot of the industrial area there, there is some woods where people/kids
hang out.  I expect that the damage /graffiti on the old Arco building comes
from this source.
I don't think it should be the property owners responsiblity to assume
ownership of these people.  As a community I think we should help the homeless by
pointing them in the right direction to access the many social services
available to them.  Just remember some people do not want our help.

Audrey