[RP TownTalk] Traffic Safety Issues

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:29:23 UTC 2007

a group of very active & dedicated folks in Hyattsville started up a
Hyattsville Bike
Pedestrian Safety Committee which now has the official sanction of the
city as a subcommittee of the city council.  you can see the product
of some of their work here:
http://www.hyattsvillewiki.com/page/Bicycle+%26+Pedestrian+Safety+Report

they basically cataloged and documented safety issues at a number of
intersections and other locations in Hyattsville, and their work has
started to bear fruit already (including the committee being 'adopted'
by the city!)

personally, i believe that our town could benefit from similar
activity -- and wonder if it also might be one way to bring the east
(kenilworth) and west (town center) parts of town together over issues
of common interest.  i would love to be involved in an activity such
as this if there is some critical mass of others who are interested.