[RP TownTalk] Traffic Safety Issues

Susan Lewis medicinewoman56 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 18:15:05 UTC 2007

I agree that safety is a huge issue on our streets.  EW Hwy is horrible and
the sign is a good idea.  Is there anyway to improve traffic flow so that
drivers aren't sitting there through 3 -4 changes of the light?  If we move
them through and out - they won't be sitting targets anymore.

We also need to be looking at pedestrian crossing.  We who walk take our
lives in our hands crossing most of the streets in RP.  The new sidewalks
across from the MARC is a prime example.  We have nice cut downs for
pedestrians to cross, but no signage, no stripes, no speed bump, no slow/ped
x-ing/bicycle sign - nothing.  The cars that use Lafayette as a cut through
fly down this road with total disregard to it being a residential area and
swing around that low-sight corner at very high speeds.

Sue
  _____