[RP TownTalk] Termination of Employment of Public Works Director Ron Goff

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:55:58 UTC 2007

Residents of Riverdale Park,

I have the regrettable duty to inform you that I found it necessary to
terminate the employment of Public Works Director L. Ron Goff.  As is
required by the Charter of the Town of Riverdale Park, Section
404(b), the Town Council voted to approve this termination last evening. Mr.
Goff has recently been charged with several felony and misdemeanor criminal
charges which, though not related to his service to the town, never-the-less
made it impossible for me as the Chief Executive Officer of the town to have
full confidence in him. In the sensitive position of Department Director
that full confidence is an absolute requirement.

It is my full expectation that Public Works will continue to do the fine job
it has been doing in delivering top notch service all of us.

Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland