[RP TownTalk] Join me on Shelfari

Paul Richards paulric at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 14:45:51 UTC 2007

Personally, I'm hooked on BookCrossing.com which allows you to "release" your old books into the wild and then track where they've been and who else has enjoyed them. Currently there are 571,174 members in 120 countries who have "released" 4,062,897 books into the wild.

  Their website provides labels for you to print out and attach to each book you release. Once you've registered the book with BookCrossing, it is assigned a BCID (BookCrossing ID#) that goes on the label, and then anyone who picks it up can register their "capture" and when they've finished reading it they can re-release it back into the wild. It's a great way to recycle your old books. Just label them and then leave them at bus stops, restaurants, the Metro, etc. and see where they end up.

  It's a free service that takes just a few minutes to register, but you can also remain completely anonymous if you'd like.

  http://www.bookcrossing.com/faqs

Marc Molino <mmolino54 at hotmail.com> wrote:
    Come join this great book discussion group on Shelfari! I'm completely hooked!
  Click below to join my group of friends on Shelfari!
  http://www.shelfari.com/
  Marc Molino