[RP TownTalk] tree planting opportunity

Todd Whitehead twhitehead76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 19:07:04 UTC 2007

Folks,

  I apoligize that I have been completely silent on this up until now.

  If you are inetersted in volunteering with us to plant trees on October 13, please get in touch with me.  You can either e-mail me, or call me at 202.441.3813 (cell).  Our application is due Wednesday, August 1, so I will need your names prior to that date.

  This will be a great opportunity to go out and make our town that much more appealing to ourselves and our visitors!

  Todd

Dannielle Glaros <dmglaros at gmail.com> wrote:
  Todd,

  I have a few volunteers, but we do still need a leader.  Thanks for volunteering!!  Dwight Holmes may also still be interested, but he may be out of town.  I cc'd him on this email just in case.

  So far, I have the following volunteers for you

  Sue Lewis
  Marc Stauffer
  Kristen and Jared Liu
  Dannielle and Steve Glaros

  Kristen can also fill you, but the key is working with Ron Goff over at Public Works to coordinate location.  (I don't have his email ready, but you can call him at town hall) He is really interested in assisting with the event.  PW was instrumental last year in helping us prepare the area for planting and in bringing in heavy equipment to dig.  They also have shovels and other tools that we could borrow.  From my brief conversation with him, he'd like to do a planting on 410.  I think this will work for volunteers, if we can also have PW block one lane of traffic on either side of the work area to give us a safe space.

  I guess the key is coordinate with PW and figure out the location.  Decide on plants.  There are a few people on towntalk who could help with landscape advice, if needed.  Fill out the form and go to the training.  (PW may want to order extra pants for other town plantings) PW will pick up the plants and supplies, if asked.   Kristen Liu may have a few other suggestions from her work last year.

  If you need some help with figure out the plants, I'll be glad to help.  I don't mind pitching in, I just am tied up on a lot of weekends with the county councilman, so I'm not as reliable in leading events as before.

  Thanks!!!!

  P.S. I live at 4800 Sheridan, so feel free to stop by sometime.  My number is 301-779-5915.  Work is so busy that I don't always have a chance to check home email, so phone is sometime your best bet.

  Dannielle

    Dannielle Glaros
  dmglaros at gmail.com