[RP TownTalk] Rough estimate: Whole Foods might take up 1/5 of the Cafritz Property

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:24:23 UTC 2007

At "Riverdale Park Coffee House" (blog) (http://rpcoffeehouse.blogspot.com/)
I've posted 3 photo/maps that will give you an idea of how much of the
Cafritz Property might be taken up by a Whole Foods store & parking lot...

"This question of 'how big is a Whole Foods in relation to [the Cafritz]
property?' came to mind as I was seeing and hearing an ever-expanding "wish
list" develop at the meeting. Included: many competing priorities. Housing,
amenities, greenspace, Whole Foods, hardware store, ethnic restaurants,
minimize environmental impact, hiker-biker trail, playgrounds, etc... Since
shopping centers come with big parking lots, how much of your 36 acres are
you willing to give up to asphalt for retail shopping? (BTW, I asked if
they'd considered putting the parking underground and on the roof, as at the
P St. Whole Foods -- "We haven't gotten that far, yet.")

Overall, I left with an image of the magical Arabian tent from childhood
cartoons -- tiny from the outside, seemingly infinitely large on the inside.
So what of these many, desirable ideas will give way as the project takes
shape?"

--
Riverdale Park Coffee House (blog)
http://rpcoffeehouse.blogspot.com/
~~
(Revised) Map of Riverdale Park MD Trolley Hiker-Biker Trail and Cafritz
Property
http://tinyurl.com/2wsfql
~~
Tracking the Washington Nationals' 2007 season (will they catch the '62
Mets?):
http://tinyurl.com/2m6f43