[RP TownTalk] Rough estimate: Whole Foods might take up 1/5 of the Cafritz Property

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:38:10 UTC 2007

I've added a fourth image at http://rpcoffeehouse.blogspot.com/ that shows
the outlines of 3 different Whole Foods stores (P St., Falls Church, and
Silver Spring) superimposed on the Cafritz Property -- you can see there's
quite a variation in "footprint".  Of course, the P St store not only has
"hidden parking" (underground and on the roof) but is also a stand alone
store, whereas the other two are in shopping centers with various smaller
stores, so it would seem unlikely that a Cafritz retail center could shrink
itself down to the size of the P St. Whole Foods. Nonetheless, sometimes
"less is more" and it may show the way towards avoiding having to sing a
chorus of Joni Mitchell's "they paved paradise/put up a parking lot."