[RP TownTalk] Renters in RP

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 10:57:55 UTC 2007

I read the posts about renting in town, and while I'm
renting an apartment and not a house, my rent just
went up, too; and, no, my paycheck is not keeping pace
with the horrific cost of living in the DC area.  I
don't know how people are managing rents of $1,000 and
up for 1 bedroom apts. on a single income around here;
I'd planned to "hang in there" for a few years until
retirement, but the way costs are going up, I can see
myself having to move out of the area before then.
(please don't suggest buying - when I see townhouses
in the immediate area going "from the $300,000's,"
that's way out of my league, and frankly I don't think
they're worth it) As a previous poster has said,
"Let's not penalize good citizens for being renters."