[RP TownTalk] what people want in RP

Alice Ewen Walker alice at ewenwalker.com
Sun Jun 17 16:47:50 UTC 2007

Town Talkers,

I thought I'd re-post the results from the 2006 community survey
conducted on this topic. See link at:
http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us/Misc/2007/06/
TownCenterCLUESurveyRawResults.pdf

Quote:

The major themes that emerged from the surveys were quite consistent – and
not surprising:

-The Riverdale Park residents and visitors who responded to the survey
love Riverdale Park's town center because it is quaint, walkable, historic,
and convenient.

-Survey respondents are unhappy with the district's high vacancy rate.

-When asked what sorts of new businesses they would most like to see,
most people mentioned community-serving businesses (like grocery
stores) or specialty/destination businesses (although without much
specificity).

My own preferences? A cafe, Thai food, Indian food, Middle Eastern
food, and some outdoor seating in the Town Center.

- Alice Ewen Walker

--
Alice Ewen Walker