[RP TownTalk] Help make RP what you want and enjoy it too

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:49:35 UTC 2007

Sarah -- I like the concept (if not the name; there seems to be a
general fascination with things 'third' ('third way' in politics, then
of course there's the most-oddly-named 'Fifth Third Bank'...)

If I understand correctly, the public space at Town Center (parking
lot, etc) is owned by the town. Also, if I read the
http://www.pgatlas.com/ correctly (thanks again for that link, Nancy!)
the Post Office on Rt 1 is in a leased location, not government
property...  So what I'm picturing is a spruced up Town Center public
space (after surrounding and framing the asphalt with trees,
landscaping, public benches and tables) with a relocated town post
office, and of course the groceries, coffee and ethnic
cuisine-of-choice that we're all craving... along with pet store, doll
store, etc. plus the old train parked on a 'siding' which serves as a
"destination" (coupled with 'train museum' expanded beyond what's
inside the MARC station right now), perhaps a model train store (Mt
Airy has a wonderful one right downtown, next door, it so happens, to
a coffee shop, and they're not even on train tracks, let alone a main
line like CSX/MARC)

So the Farmers' Market becomes sort of a "Sidewalk Days" (remember
those from back when downtowns still existed) when the market moves
outside, but many of those items are available year round under roof!