[RP TownTalk] 2007 property taxes: +26.8%

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:36:02 UTC 2007

BTW, after looking our taxes up yesterday, I wrote an email to the PG
County tax office with some questions about the bill. I got an answer
this morning -- every question answered clearly and thoroughly.
Couldn't ask for better service.

Here are some of the answers which may be helpful to others:

1. The bill you viewed online is the statement for the new tax year
which is from July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008.  This is the final
statement.

2. The hard copies will be mailed by July 2nd.

3.  There is not a Homestead credit on this bill.  If you have owned the
property for less than a year, you will not be eligible for a Homestead
credit until the next tax year.

4.  Only the paper statement will give a detail of other taxes and
fees [Parks & Planning, etc].

5.  The property tax rate will also be included on your paper statement.
You may also log onto the Maryland Department of Assessments and
Taxation (SDAT) website at www.dat.state.md.us for local tax rates.
Click on the top bar that says Tax & Assessments then go to the far
right category that lists Other Information.  Click on Current Local Tax
rates for information on Riverdale Park.

--
Riverdale Park Coffee House (blog only-BYOC)
http://rpcoffeehouse.blogspot.com/