[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Flood Zone

Todd Whitehead twhitehead76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 15:03:50 UTC 2007

I don't know if all of Riverdale Park is in the Anacostia Flood Zone, but I know that my house is.  In a Gazette article linked below, I was very interested to read this paragraph:

  "He stressed that Prince George’s residents are eligible for the 25 percent reduction in premiums because of various flood-deterrent and awareness programs the county runs. Cheng said residents should tell insurance agents that they are eligible for the discount."

  I contacted the author and he stated that, to the best of his knowledge, one only needs to live in the county to take advantage of this reduction.

  If you are interested in reading the article in its entirety, you can fnd it here: http://www.gazette.net/stories/062807/prinnew183841_32361.shtml

  Please make other folks aware of this.

  Todd