[RP TownTalk] door to door salesmen

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sat May 5 14:24:37 UTC 2007

Years ago when I first got into real estate they made us walk the streets and
knock on doors to get business.  Face to face contact they told us.....that's
how you get customers.  We hated it. We would do anything so we wouldn't have
to knock on those strange doors.  Obviously some sales companies still make
their salespeople do this.  The Honeywell man came to my door too.  Simon
looked him in the eye and said "no Thankyou" and away he went.  We didn't make the
dogs bark at him.  He's just a guy trying to make a living.  Any salesman
knows that.  I personally feel sorry for the guy.  Not sorry enough to buy a
system, but I do feel sorry.  All the alarm companies offer "free" stuff.
Certainly no one would also pay your monthly fee.  Many companies use this come on.
Now if we can just take all this energy and turn it into getting the streets
and sidewalks cleaned up........I LOVE my neighbors!

Audrey