[RP TownTalk] Fwd: [HOPE_in_Hyattsville] Development of Cafritz Property

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:24:07 UTC 2007

This was posted to the Hyattsville HOPE list -- the author seemingly thought
that the Cafritz property is in College Park rather than Riverdale Park.
Anyway, the last thing I had heard on the topic was on 4/2/07 when Alice
posted here the following  (If there was any follow up to that I must have
missed it):

"There is also a possibility that the MUTC meeting on the 4th will
include a briefing from the owners of the Cafritz property regarding
development plans for the wooded site north of Tuckerman  bordering
College Park. I'll confirm to the list if that is definitely on tap
for this week. The property is a large parcel, which could include
completion of the bike path, assuming all the permissions with
property owners can be worked out. The town has initiated a title
search to facilitate that."

According to this HOPE posting. there's a series of meetings to be held at
Riverdale Elementary on June 2, 7 & 14 on the subject of the Cafritz
property and its development. I'm interested to know if this is an official
meeting or one simply organized by the developer? (Who is the developer?)
Has there been any communication with our town?   Thanks in advance...

Dwight