[RP TownTalk] Yesterdays' Washington Post - PG section

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:55:41 UTC 2007

Sue and all,

I knew this was coming after reading the article last night, and let me say
two the things.  The "blue collar" quote is a complete and absolute
fabrication. There was no discussion about class/collar/race/ethnicity or
anything remotely similar between myself and the Post reporter.

One of the little known facts about me, is that among other vocational
achievements in my life, the first one was my being a journeyman glazier
(glass worker).  As blue collar as it gets. I believe this is in my campaign
biography, and anyone who really knows me at all knows how proud I am of
being able work with my hands.

I doubt the post will retract this fallacious statement, but I certainly am
demanding it.

The second part about me that was in quotes "The revolution is now over..."
is accurate to the best of memory.  This refers to the fact that those of us
who decided that we weren't going to tolerate the "old" way of dealing with
government that culminated in the Field of Dreams fiasco, had won.  The fact
that the only candidate associated with that way of doing business lost by a
2 to 1 margin in his own ward, indicates that the revolution has won and is
therefore, and by definition,  over.

Best wishes,

Vern

--