[RP TownTalk] Election results, voters, etc.

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 18:47:58 UTC 2007

It's really sad that more people don't vote, isn't it?
 Can I ask, are there very many apartment dwellers
registered?  Don't need to know the exact figures, but
maybe what percentage?  I live in a fairly small
apartment building and when I mention voting to any of
my neighbors, I get blank stares, or they say
something like "I never vote," like it's something to
be proud of!  I'd be almost willing to bet I'm the
only registered voter in my building, and I can't
think of why unless it's (1) many people don't live in
town for very long and don't bother to register, or
(2) a feeling of "not belonging" to the community
because you don't own property, so "why vote?"  I
can't think of any easy answers to get people more
involved, to get out there to vote, can anyone else?

____________________________________________________________________________________Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC