[RP TownTalk] Election results, voters etc

Keelah Allen-Smith allensmith4ward6councilmember at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 13:16:58 UTC 2007

Sadly to say only a few of our apartment residents are registered voters.  From my discussions with the apartment residents there are several reasons why the do not register to vote:

   1) Plan to relocate 2) They feel as if their views do not matter 3) They don't care because they do not "own" the property 3) New to the community (still registered at previous address).

  During my campaign I was successful in encouraging several unregistered voters(apartment residents) to register.  I also stressed the point that even though we don't "own" we should still want to have a say in what goes on in our community and in the local politics.  It seems I was able to get through to a few of these residents, because a surprising number of my apartment residents turned out at the polls on Monday.