[RP TownTalk] Burglaries, suspicious characters, etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 13:19:29 UTC 2007

I mentioned the suspcious activity in front of my
building along w/ the burglary because I feel if
people are doing/selling drugs, it's more than likely
just a matter of time until they start needing money
to support their habits and resort to burglaries,
muggings, etc.  Wonder if there IS any connection
between the increase of activity around my apartment
building and the crimes in town? (Just wondering, I am
NOT accusing anyone who is outside the building for
legitimate purposes) As far as reporting someone who's
just loitering; if you see that person just hanging
around, esp. if it's more than one occasion and that
person doesn't appear to be waiting for a ride,
something on the up and up, I believe I would at least
call the police and let them know.  If they would send
a squad car and just drive by, not even have to stop,
at least if the loiterer was up to no good, he'd know
that the police were patrolling the area and - maybe?
- take his activities elsewhere.  It's terrible that
you have to wonder about people who might just be
taking a walk, but with so much criminal activity
going on, it pays to be cautious.