[RP TownTalk] Taxes, Business, Etc...

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Thu May 17 19:20:59 UTC 2007

Yes, Brian Brookland is in D. C.  Just like we are part of Maryland,
Brookland is part of DC.  Similar but a little different.  I spend lots of time in
Brookland and I honestly believe it is very comparable to Riverdale Park.  You
can say that Washington D. C. is a Federal City rather than a state and
therefore gets federal funds.  Well Riverdale gets funds from State so it is similar.
The only difference DC has is they don't get a vote only taxed.  Maybe that's
why they have lower taxes?  Hmm.  That's interesting.  Brian, I don't want to
argue with you.  I just feel that with a mil in excess money we don't need to
raise taxes.  We just had a big hit with the higer assesments from the county
and we don't need another burden.  What are they planning to do with the
money anyway?  I guess we'll find out at the budget meeting.

Audrey