[RP TownTalk] Improvements will save money in the long term

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Mon May 21 11:33:14 UTC 2007

The overwhelming number of people reading this list are individual
homeowners who have lived here for more than a year.  Under this
DRAFT budget they will see an 18% increase in the TOWN portion of
their tax bill.

For those same people, for the "hypothetical case" without the
infrastructure improvements, they would have a 2.5% lower tax RATE,
but a 7.25% higher tax BILL, than last year (because of the increase
in assessed property value.)

Rob's calculation is for people who own commercial property
(businesses and rental property), and for the VERY FEW homeowners who
moved here recently.

Of course, for the "hypothetical case" without the infrastructure
improvements, we would likely have future budgets with similar taxes,
but less infrastructure improvement, because we would be doing it
piecemeal.

	Alan