[RP TownTalk] Tax Rate Hearing

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Tue May 22 18:47:53 UTC 2007

A big thanks to all who came to the Tax Rate Hearing last
night (Mon, 5/22/07).

The meeting was both well attended and calm and polite.

The large attendance made it clear that people are concerned
about this. And that was important to drive home. The nature
of the comments and the calm and polite tone made it clear
that people want more information before final judgement.

I would have preferred that we heard more budget details at
last nights meeting. However, more details will be forthcoming.

Over the next few weeks the old and new council members will have
several work sessions digging into the budget, asking questions and
looking for items to cut and looking for alternative revenue sources.

Two such work sessions have been scheduled so far: Thursday
May 24 and Thursday May 31, starting at 7:30 pm.

The meetings are public and you are most welcome to attend.
However, most people will find them horribly boring. If you have
the stomach for such things, please come out and help dig.

I hope that the council will schedule at least two more work sessions
over the memorial day weekend and the beginning of next week.
There is a lot of work to be done and very little time left.

Once I know more I will certainly let you know.

All the best
Rob Oppenheim

Outgoing Ward One Councilman, Riverdale Park
5902 Cleveland Ave
Riverdale Park, Md 20737-1930

Home Office: 301 779 1745