[RP TownTalk] Tax Rate Hearing

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:18:02 UTC 2007

perhaps "playing politics" is different than "doing politics" (?)  but i
think it must be agreed that taxes & budgets are inherently and unavoidably
political, because every tax and budget decision results in "winners" and
"losers".  that's just the nature of it.

On 5/25/07, euniverz at aol.com <euniverz at aol.com> wrote:

> Roland,
>
> Please be aware that not everyone in this town shares that perception.
> The very fact that nary a word about the budget was mentioned during
> the election cycle was duly noted.  After all, few politicians get elected
> by telling people their taxes are about to go up.
>
> No politician, no matter how altruistic, or how wonderful a person he or
> she might be, is "above" that sort of thing.  It's just the nature of the
> beast.
>
> Adrianne Lefkowitz
> Madison & 48th
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:53:30 -0400
> From: "Roland Walker" <walker at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [RP TownTalk] Tax Rate Hearing
> To: TownTalk <TownTalk at riverdale-park.org>
>
> [Rob Oppenheim writes]
> > Another unfortunate side effect of this timing, is a temptation
> > for candidates to play politics with the numbers.
>
> That's an odd comment.  We just had an election, yet I can't think of
> a single politician in Riverdale Park who is playing politics with the
> budget process.
>
> I guess everyone is above that sort of thing!

> --
~~
Map of Riverdale Park MD Trolley Hiker-Biker Trail and Cafritz Property
http://tinyurl.com/2wsfql
~~
Tracking the Washington Nationals' 2007 season (will they catch the '62
Mets?):
http://tinyurl.com/2m6f43