[RP TownTalk] Tax Rate Hearing

catarina correia chatareena at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:35:19 UTC 2007

Hello neighbors,

My name is Catarina Correia and my husband and i moved into our home one
year and a half ago.  We live on 44th ave.  I do not know enough about the
RP budget to comment on taxes and confess that neither I nor my husband have
attended any community hearings.  It is encouraging to see that there is an
active discussion on how to better our community.

I am writing today because i have been following the county budget more
closely and know that yesterday our representative voted to give millions
more in taxpayer money to the occupation of Iraq.

I have attended community peace meetings in Mount Rainier and in Greenbelt,
but have not found one here.  I am writing to see if there are any members
of the community interested in forming a RP peace group (if none exists
already).  If so, you can contact me off list at chatareena at gmail.com.  we
could have a potluck at my home and discuss ways in which we can connect our
community concerns to our failed and flawed foreign policy and ways we can
communicate our concerns to our elected officials and others.

thank you and have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.

catarina