[RP TownTalk] The Town's Finance Committee meeting of 5/24/07

Gerard Kiernan gerardkiernan at earthlink.net
Fri May 25 22:08:07 UTC 2007

Dear Town Talkers,

I was able to return from my business trip in time to attend last night's
Finance Committee meeting to discuss the proposed operating budget for the
Town. We got through the General Government budget.

It is my sad duty to report that the only attendees at the meeting were the
sitting and incoming Council Members, the Town Administrator, the department
heads for police and public works, and the accounting clerk.

In other words,   no member of the public chose to attend and find out how
their money is proposed to be used in the coming year.

Gerry Kiernan
Ward 5 Council Member