[RP TownTalk] i may be sorry i did this... ; -) RP Coffee House now open!

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:49:25 UTC 2007

Friends and neighbors -- below you'll see a URL for a "blog" I started
today.  As I've written there, although I very much appreciate this
official town list, the information that is shared here, and the
discussions that ensue, I find I have a lot more to say (and ask!)
than I felt was appropriate for posting to the list.

Ideally, we would have some kind of forum where everyone could chime
in with information, questions and answers.  I kind of fell into this
"blog" format by chance, and I'm not comfortable with the idea that
this is *my* blog.(If anyone wants to join in and move this to a
different kind of online forum that would be more of a community thing
and not a personal thing -- please hit me off list, I'd love to do
that and to have help doing it!)

I'd prefer it be a community spot to a personal diary -- thus the
name, "The RP Coffee House."  The coffee house we don't have. The one
that should be there on the corner by the tracks. I can smell the
espresso...  Wanna sit down for a minute and chat?

On the blog, I've thrown out some ideas -- and some photos and charts
on two general topics:  The "face of our town" -- what do people see
when they drive through our town? (and eventually, when I get out take
more pictures, what do they see when they drive through neighboring
towns? How does RP compare?)  What can we do to improve the way our
town looks as one drives along Rt 1, 410 or 201?

The other topic I've broached is the town budget/tax rate proposal.  I
hope to learn much from discussion here and at town meetings -- and
perhaps at the RP Coffee House too! :)

Cheers,

Dwight
Riverdale Rd.