[RP TownTalk] Cafritz property design workshops

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Wed May 30 18:28:27 UTC 2007

Dear friends and neighbors,

The Cafritz family who owns the large, vacant property between Route One and
the Railroad on our northern boundary with College Park is beginning to move
toward developing their property.  They have shown a very strong commitment
to work with Riverdale Park along with the immediate neighbors in College
Park and University Park, to develop in a way that is friendly and
respectful of our vision for the area's future.

There have already been more than a dozen meetings with local officials and
organizations about how to begin the design process. This is to say that we
are being clearly invited to participate in the creation of the project.

The first means each of us has to participate will be through design
workshops that are being held at Riverdale Elementary School.  The first is
from 10 to 2 on Saturday June 2. The next one is at 7:00 on Thursday June
7.  There will then be a follow up meeting on Thursday June 14 at 7 in which
the Cafritz's design team will report to us what they are taking away from
the process.

Please come out and participate in this process!  It is rare for us to get a
chance to weigh in with developers in advance in any meaningful way and we
need to take advantage of this opportunity.  Also, both University
Park and College
Park are very interested and concerned about this property and will be
heavily represented at these meetings.  I certainly welcome both of our
neighbors to this process, and have worked closely with my colleagues Mayors
John Tabori and Steve Brayman over the last two years, but lets make sure
that Riverdale Park is well represented as the property is in our town!
Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor