[RP TownTalk] why are the taxes going up? Road improvements!

Alice Ewen Walker alice at ewenwalker.com
Thu May 31 19:19:33 UTC 2007

Yes, the building and land is still contributing at the same rate to
the revenue line labeled "Real Estate Taxes and Intereset".  But,
occupied businesses pay other taxes, including business personal
property tax (taxes on inventory and physical assets). In the case of
PNC/Riggs, the vacant space means 75,000 less in revenue from the
revenue line labeled "Tangible Property Tax".

I believe the budget for police is set right now at 18 officers
including the management. 15 of the 18 are patrol officers. We are in
that range if you assume 7 x 2.6 = 18.2. We are below the range if you
only want to count patrol officers out on the street.

Alice

--
Alice Ewen Walker