[RP TownTalk] Budget Meeting

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Thu May 31 22:57:46 UTC 2007

MS Donaldson indicates that we can go over the Big Change items tonight.
So this might be a very good meeting for the public to attend!

-Rob

P.S.
Thank you Vern and Dwight for keeping my dates and facts accurate.

Along that same line, here are a couple of other corrections...

>"In RP, policing accounts for about 2/3 of total expenses."

Actually, the police budget is 50% of the operating budget.
The proposed Police budget is: 2,038,653, and the total operating budget is 4,070,555.
Police cars account for about 43% of the capital budget expenditures.

>"You ask why the taxes are going up. The answer is: road improvements."

Road improvements are a big part of the increase, but they alone account for
less than half the total increase.

If you totally remove taxes for road improvement expenditures you still
have a 15% increase in taxes.

[end]