[RP TownTalk] Cafritz meeting Saturday - childcare and flex hours

Alice Ewen Walker alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:40:27 UTC 2007

For the Cafritz property meeting this Saturday -- two things that may
sway you to attend:

- child care will be provided to help you participate

- the 4 hour time block from 10 am to 2 pm does not mean that you have
to sit in a long 4 hour meeting. I'm told it is a semi-open house
format that should allow you to drop in and register your comments.

- Alice Ewen Walker
------------------------------------

Dear friends and neighbors,

The Cafritz family who owns the large, vacant property between Route
One and the Railroad on our northern boundary with College Park is
beginning to move toward developing their property.  They have shown a
very strong commitment to work with Riverdale Park along with the
immediate neighbors in College Park and University Park, to develop in
a way that is friendly and respectful of our vision for the area's
future.

There have already been more than a dozen meetings with local
officials and organizations about how to begin the design process.
This is to say that we are being clearly invited to participate in the
creation of the project.

The first means each of us has to participate will be through design
workshops that are being held at Riverdale Elementary School.  The
first is from 10 to 2 on Saturday June 2. The next one is at 7:00 on
Thursday June 7.  There will then be a follow up meeting on Thursday
June 14 at 7 in which the Cafritz's design team will report to us what
they are taking away from the process.

Please come out and participate in this process!  It is rare for us to
get a chance to weigh in with developers in advance in any meaningful
way and we need to take advantage of this opportunity.  Also, both
University Park and College Park are very interested and concerned
about this property and will be heavily represented at these meetings.
 I certainly welcome both of our neighbors to this process, and have
worked closely with my colleagues Mayors John Tabori and Steve Brayman
over the last two years, but lets make sure that Riverdale Park is
well represented as the property is in our town!
Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor