[RP TownTalk] Budget Meeting

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:44:15 UTC 2007

When I sent out my note regarding the reason for the tax increase, my
goal was to indicate the biggest reason with a simple and easy to
understand answer.

Both Alice and Rob gave much more detailed answers, but, as Rob
pointed out in another note, the single biggest line item rate
increase is traceable to the road improvements. No other budget item
contributes as much to the increase in taxes.

The more detailed answers are indeed more honest, but if you're
looking for The Main Reason, I still think the answer is "roads".

>  >"You ask why the taxes are going up. The answer is: road improvements."
>
>  Road improvements are a big part of the increase, but they alone account
> for less than half the total increase.

-Sarah

--
Sarah Wayland