[RP TownTalk] code and vendors discussion

Paul Richards paulric at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 19:50:28 UTC 2007

Roland,

I didn't mean to be inflammatory. In fact I was trying to use an obviously exaggerated response to make my point a little less painless for you, but I will spell it out for you. If you are going to persist in complaining about the problems in Riverdale then I want to know what it is you propose that we do about those problems. Can we just get a straight answer from you? Or are you going to continue to simply complain about the way things are, and then be evasive about what you propose we should do about resolving them?  Refusing to respond because I am being inflammatory is  just a way of dodging the fact that you don't have an answer.

I used to work with a woman like that years ago. No matter what the teams suggestion was, her response was always the same: "That won't work." OK, why won't _(whatever)_ work? "It just won't. It won't work." Then what do you suggest instead? "I don't know, but your idea won't work..." I think you all get the idea. Eventually we concluded that she was more concerned with sabotaging our efforts than she was with assisting to make things better for everyone, and we got rid of her.

One more time: You want the rose vendors and yard sales shut down. What actions are you proposing that we take to accomplish your goal?

Paul