[RP TownTalk] dog park

marc stauffer marc.stauffer at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 15:15:27 UTC 2007

Hi Arletta,

It's great to learn that you would be interested in spearheading a
dogpark creation effort.
Some work has been done in the recent past:  About a year ago, or
more, Audrey Bragg instigated an effort to create a dog park,  made
contact with the Parks Dept. (MNCPPC), and got preliminary approval
for a site on the north end of 51st Ave. adjacent to the big, nice
baseball field.  We also took around a petition to the abutting
neighbors and a majority of residents were willing to approve having
a dog park next to their properties.  At some point, we ran out of
steam and the effort got tabled.   Audrey would know more about the
process and people she met in pushing the effort as far as she did.

Best,

Marc Stauffer
4913 ravenswood rd.