[RP TownTalk] code and vendors discussion

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Mon Nov 5 17:07:37 UTC 2007

Marc,

To shed light on some of your specific points:

As I remember, part of the deal with Caputo's development at the
corner of Rt 1 and 410 was to upgrade Beale Cir park.  I think that
deal dates back to the Herman administration -- I'm sure someone can
correct me if not.  Of course, since the developer sought variances,
we could have demanded the park upgrade happen immediately.

As for the current at the development site, one of Mayor Archer's
first acts was to get Caputo to remove the mountain of rubble there
and seed it.  It does look pretty darn shabby now, but it is not as
bad and certainly not as dangerous.

The Field of Dreams was maintained for years by volunteer citizens,
who have since moved on to a different soccer club.  Vern got some
specific upgrades done, but nobody has come up with a plan to bring
the field back to the same level.  It is something that may have been
discussed with KSI when they proposed to put in condos.  But that
condo deal fell apart.

As for the town signs, part of Councilwoman Walker's platform in the
last election was to have the town do a corporate identity overhaul.
This would include the signs.  However, a project of that ambition has
to wait for the next budget cycle, and gain support from the rest of
the council.