[RP TownTalk] Passing of Sister Romana Blois

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 11:30:02 UTC 2007

Sister Romana Blois, a resident of the town for
several years, passed away at the age of 93 this past
Saturday.  She helped to run the Sacred Heart daycare
on Queensbury Road.  Sister Romana came to the US in
1954 from Italy; and, after working at DeMatha High
School for several years, began teaching at the day
care in 1974.

My first encounter with Sister Romana was in 1996,
when I helped shovel the sidewalk in front of the
convent after the blizzard we had that year. I became
friends with her and the other Sisters at Sacred
Heart. She was one-of-a-kind; strong-minded, but a
very sweet, generous, and caring, and the town is the
poorer for her loss.

Please remember her in your prayers or, if you are not
a religious person, "think a good thought" for her.