[RP TownTalk] Route 1 Forum This Thursday

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 01:13:03 UTC 2007

Friends,

This Thursday, November 15th, Council members Olson, Dernoga and
Campos are sponsoring a forum at the College Park City Hall to
discuss the underlying plans guiding growth on the Route 1 Corridor
(beltway to the DC border) and at nearby metro stations.  I wanted to
encourage you to take advantage of this rare opportunity to find out
more about the major plans guiding growth in our area and meet with
area planners, SHA staff, school board members, and school system staff.

Some key details:

* From 6:30pm-7:30pm, you will have the opportunity to talk one-on-
one with key planners, highway staff, and school officials.  White
boards with the underlying plans for the area will be on display.

* Starting at 7:30pm, Planning staff will give a formal 10-15min
powerpoint presentation discussing the main plans along and near the
corridor.  There will then be a chance for questions from the
audience.  Planners, school officials, and highway staff will be
available to answer questions.

* Free parking is available at the College Park City Hall, 4500 Knox
Road.

* Desserts provided by Franklin's.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to
contact me at work, dmglaros at co.pg.md.us.  (For those who don't know,
I work for Councilman Eric Olson and live in Riverdale Park.)

Hope to see you at the event!

Dannielle

Dannielle Glaros
dmglaros at gmail.com