[RP TownTalk] reusable bags

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 12:30:28 UTC 2007

Don't give up!  You can get into the habit!  MOMS, at one point, had a large amount of the bags they sell hanging from the ceiling, so as soon as I would walk in I would be reminded.  That meant a trip back to the car with a 5 year old but it did get me into the habit.  I don't always remember 100%, and, sometimes I bring in only 1 bag and then need two.  But you can get into the habit.  Shoppers, of course, always (almost) has paper bags and from my experience the clerks don't get into a huff when you ask for one.  Not long ago at the Hyattsville Giant we asked for paper bags and the clerk told us we would have to bag it ourselves.  Funny.  ??  And often they don't even have the paper.  The craziest thing is when they pack in in paper bags and THEN put them into plastic bags.  I HATE those plastic bags!!!

You all have a good day -

Nancy