[RP TownTalk] feeling righteously green

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 00:32:23 UTC 2007

While out in the car earlier we heard a discussion on NPR of a new on-line
service, called CatalogChoice.org, where you can sign up (you have to create
an account) and then opt out of all those catalogs that fill up your recycle
bins.

I just signed up and, in not more than about 6 or 7 minutes, opted out of
HP, Dell, Crutchfield, REI, and Plow & Hearth. Easy as pie. I confess I am
having serious advance withdrawal pangs over the thought of not browsing
those Crutchfield catalogs in the future, but I know that I, and the world,
are better off for it.  Still pondering L.L. Beans, though.

I've added the link to the "Ideas on Reducing Waste & Recycling More" page
on the Wiki:
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Ideas+on+Reducing+Waste+%26+Recycling+More.
That way, if you get the time to look into this in a few days or weeks or
months from now, you don't have to fish through the TownTalk archives. All
you have to do is go to the Wiki (rpwiki.wetpaint.com) and search on
"catalog" and you'll find the link for CatalogChoice.com.

--
"A budget is a moral document." --Jim Wallis

"Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what
you value." --Sen. Joe Biden

Riverdale Park Community Wiki
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/