[RP TownTalk] Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen.

David Lingua djlingua at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 06:37:18 UTC 2007

Hello to all in TownTalk-ville,

The day does fast approach,
only a descending fortnight away,
for our Holiday Market and
Festival of Lights.
To clarify the post on Town Announce
(you did read it, right?),
the Festival of Lights will be held on Saturday,
December 8, from 5:30 to 8:30 in the evening.

We on the Recreation Board are looking for
some hearty souls with heart and soul
to volunteer an hour, just an hour,
as either elves or reindeer for the trolleys.
While singing talent and bubbly attitude is
appreciated
if you can half way carry a tune
while sudsy in the shower
that will do just fine!
(Editor's note: to all you Karaoke-philes, think of it
as a great way to warm up.) Just contact Fabulous Rec.
Board Chair Anissa Sunday.

Now to the heart of the subject as stated above
(see Subject).
As it happens every so often with Gregorian calendars,
the interval between tryptophan-football Thursday
(btw: How 'bout those Packers?!)
and the Holiday Market/Festival of Lights is short.

Now I'm not going to talk smack
to all the other wards as to
how much better the display in ward 3
is compared to the rest of the town.
I would never point out the qualitative chasm
between ward 3 and the other wards.
No that would not be me. So I will refrain
from making such comments as to the
street for street superiority of ward 3
when it comes to lighting display.

Simply and with the utmost sincerity,
I will ask all of you out there to please,
if you would be so kind, help
make this year's Festival of Lights
all so festive with a display of lights
by sundown on the 8th of December.
And to get you in the spirit, click here:
http://riverdale-park.org/Misc/2007/11/rplites06.mov

Best to you all,

-David