[RP TownTalk] Puppies etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 17:46:56 UTC 2007

RE comments on the pet shop; not sure if I'm "reading"
comments correctly; however, speaking solely for
myself, I was glad when I heard a pet shop was coming
into the neighborhood, and I'm still glad and, yes,
I've been buying and will continue to buy pet supplies
there.  However, I'm sure any true animal lover would
admit they have concerns over the source of the
puppies; We've all probably heard of too many "pet
shop/puppy mill" puppies being taken home as pets and
winding up costing a fortune in vet bills because they
weren't cared for properly beforehand.  But I'm
definitely not making any accusations and I don't
think being concerned is the same as turning on the
pet shop and its owner, or wanting to have control
over his business.  As far as I've seen, the animals
that have been in the shop seem to be well cared-for
and healthy, and that's what matters.  (sorry if I've
misread what was being discussed, but these are my feelings)