[RP TownTalk] local environmental group

Jonah Blaustein jonah at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 5 02:29:47 UTC 2007

We are planning the second preliminary meeting of the Riverdale
environmental committee for Sunday October 21st.

Some of the ideas discussed at the last meeting included greenhouse gas
reducing measures a homeowner can do; landscaping, tree planting and
maintenance; little known facts about recycling; solar collectors on
the public works building; diesel train pollution; field trip to the
Enviro Center in Jessup; coordinating with other environmental groups
in Hyattsville, University Park, College Park, etc.

If you have ideas and concerns about the environment and want to
support efforts here in town to address them, we could use your energy
(even if it's not renewable).

Please contact me about the time and location of the next meeting.
Jonah
301-887-1983

And if you have too few things to do, places to go and meetings to
attend, don't forget all the things happening all at once this month
like the Green Festival and Solar Home Tours this weekend, and the
Solar Decathalon starting October 12 on the National Mall.